|“||I am one of the Demon King's Four Shining Stars Valkyrie Homura, the Sword of Edens.||”|
—Homura Kogetsu, Chapter 92
Homura Kōgetsu (ホムラ・コウゲツ Homura Kōgetsu), also known as "Valkyrie Homura" (ヴァルキリー ホムラ Varukirī Homura) in her master's honor, is a swordswoman from the Planet Oedo. She is a member of the Crew of Edens. She is also the student of the late Valkyrie Yuna, formerly one of the Four Shining Stars, and eventually becomes her successor as the new "Sword of Edens".
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Synopsis
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Equipment
- 6 Battles & Events
- 7 Manga Appearances
- 8 Appearances in Other Media
- 9 Trivia
- 10 References
- 11 Site Navigation
Homura is a slim young woman with dark-brown eyes, long, navy blue hair, and a beauty mark located under her left eye. Her hair reaches to her waist and part of it is tied in a high ponytail with a yellow ribbon. She is very well-endowed and has a curvaceous figure.
Homura's main outfit consists of a sleeveless, yellow-colored kimono with red-colored flower-like designs, loose sleeves around her forearms, and knee-length black leggings.
Homura's outfit while in Digitalis is a shoulder-less, light-colored kimono with semi-circular flower designs, black square-shaped trimmings on the end of the sleeves, and a flower-like clip on the right side of her head.
While on the planet Mildian, Homura changes into a medium-length kimono that resembles her primary outfit but comes with a pair of red-colored bunny ears, a Yamato design, a bold low necktie, a white fluffy tail, fishnet stockings and has a pair of zori sandals.
After the events of the Sun Jewel arc, Homura now wears a kimono similar to her initial attire, but now has red cloud-based designs with a light-colored rose on her hip, a navy-blue hakama with white trimming on the bottoms, and a pair of knee-length black boots. In World No. 31, Homura used Weisz's app to change into a decorative light-red kimono similar to her main outfit, but revealing most of her ample bust, and her hair is tied in a long ponytail by a matching knot-top shaped like fox ears.
Homura appears to be a calm individual who desires to help anyone without any reason. She has a tendency to voice her thoughts out aloud, even when she intends to keep them a secret. She also has an interest in fighting the Demon King and has a love for fighting strong opponents.
She is capable of anger and aggression as she showed both upon seeing a replica of her master and one of the Four Shining Stars', Valkyrie Yuna as her opponent in Xiaomei's arena within the Temple of Knowledge.
Homura is shown to be unable to handle hot temperatures and often sweats easily.
Homura was born on the planet Oedo where she lived with her mother until the day she was abandoned by her. She was eventually taken in by one of the Four Shining Stars' Valkyrie Yuna and became her disciple after Valkyrie rescued her from some thugs who intended to take her to Guilst and sell her. Valkyrie trained Homura in the art of swordsmanship using the Ether Gear Soul Blade. Valkyrie also told her about Edens Zero and its captain, the Demon King. At some point, Valkyrie disappeared, leading Homura to go on a journey to find her.
When Shiki decides to head to Edens Zero, Homura is seen in the Guild, acknowledging the name. She then requests Weisz to bring her aboard the ship in exchange for her help in rescuing the captured B-cubers. Later, when Edens Zero is about to leave to Planet Guilst, Homura and Weisz met up with Shiki, Pino and Witch and subsequently introduced herself before informing them that she possesses Ether Gear.
Once Edens Zero arrives at Planet Guilst, Homura, Shiki, and Weisz head to the streets to find the mercenary squad Rogue Out which apparently Jinn is affiliated with. The party reaches a church that appears to be the squad's headquarters and encounters its leader, Sister.
When one of Rogue Out's soldiers launches a heat-seeking missile at Shiki, she bisects it with an energy blade.
When Homura enters Digitalis through virtual reality, she arrives in a jail cell. Amira, an agent of the Galactic Intelligence Agency, is the culprit who captured her and impersonates her with a handsome prince persona to pass off as one of Homura's quirks to Shiki and his friends, so she can complete her mission. Homura states that she spent one day to escape and another to gather information only to discover Amira impersonating her.
She arrives in time to save Shiki and the NPCs of Digitalis from Jamilov's forces and chases after Amira who tries to escape upon realizing her plan has failed and reveals herself to Homura, accidentally revealing her identity as a GIA agent due to some of the former's personality still being inside of her and attempts to silence Homura by shooting her, only for the swordswoman to deflect it back and forcing her to log out, she then returns to the others with the troll monster before logging out with the others.
During Spider's attack on Edens Zero, Homura helps the others reach out to the heartbroken Hermit by explaining how Valkyrie Yuna, an android, was her teacher and mocks the humiliated hacker along with the others when Hermit activates the fireworks system, lying about it being a weapon.
After escaping the giant fish in the Poseidon Nero Sector, she marvels with the others at the sight of the Aoi Cosmos outside their windows, calling it a curious spectacle. They soon arrive at the Fire Planet Red Cave, but are confused by the sight of an ocean.
Powers and Abilities
Soul Blade (ソウルブレイド Sōru Bureido): By using Ether Gear, Homura has the ability to create and wield a variety of bladed weapons, mainly swords, made of Ether. Inherited from Valkyrie, Homura had stated to have been honing this type of Ether Gear during childhood in order to challenge and defeat the Demon King.
- Five Sword Fencing: Leopard Stance (五形剣 豹の構え Gokeiken: Hyō no Kamae): Homura makes a stance and splits her sword into two before attacking her opponents with multiple slashes.
- Leopard Claw Frenzy (豹爪乱舞 Hyōsō Ranbu): Homura splits her sword into two before launching a series of wide-ranged cuts capable of splitting thick tree limbs apart from a distance.
- Warrior Maiden Dual-Sword Attack: Leopard Rain (戦乙女二刀流豹時雨 Ikusa Otome Nitō Aryū: Hyō Shigure): Homura holds both Ether Swords in reverse and slashes multiple opponents in an instant.
- Warrior Maiden Single-Sword Attack: Dragon Flash (戦乙女一刀流 竜閃華 Ikusa Otome Ittō-ryū: Ryūsenka): Homura lunges toward her opponent and knocks them off balance while thrusting herself off the ground, then spins toward the opponent and slashes downward across the chest, knocking them down.
- Snake Strike (蛇突閃 Jatotsusen): Homura holds her sword in her right hand and repeatedly thrusts it at the opponent in rapid succession.
- Warrior Maiden Single-Sword Attack: Snake Bite (戦乙女一刀流 蛇咬閃 Ikusa Otome Ittō-ryū: Jakōsen): Homura's sword glows with Ether as she thrusts it forward, causing immense damage.
- Odin Strike (オーディンストライク Ōdin Sutoraiku): Homura summons an insurmountable number of Ether blades around herself and launches them upon her enemies, creating explosions on impact.
- Five Sword Fencing: Crane Form (五形剣 鶴の型 Gokeiken: Tsuru no Kata): Homura while gripping her sword in one hand, balances on a single leg and performs graceful swordplay that allows her strikes to cleave through the wind itself.
- Warrior Maiden Dual-Blade Imitation Attack: Towering Crane Gust (戦乙女二刀亜流 鶴楼風陣 Ikusa Otome Nitō Aryū: Kakurō Fūjin): Homura combines both ether swords into a sword spear and rotates it with one hand rapidly, absorbing any wind in their vicinity.
- Five Sword Fencing: Tiger Form (五形剣 虎の型 Gogyōken: Tora no Kata): Homura creates a pair of claw weapons around her wrists for close-range melee combat.
- Tiger Six Claw Strike (虎鉄六連 Kotetsu Rokuren): Homura dashes forward and slashes through her opponent with her Ether claws.
- Warrior Maiden Six-Claw Attack: Wild Tiger Lightning Claw (戦乙女六爪流 猛虎雷爪牙 Ikusa Otome Rokusō-ryū: Mōko Raisōga): Homura imbues her Ether claws in lightning and rapidly slashes her opponent in multiple directions, injuring and electrocuting them.
- Warrior Maid Single Sword Attack: Kitsune Perfect Circle Strike (戦乙女一刀流 妖狐真円斬 Ikusa Otome Ittōryū: Yōko Shinzan): Homura slashes the targets that are charging towards her, damaging them and causing an explosion.
Overdrive (オーバードライブ Ōbādoraibu): During her battle with Milani Lucra, Homura is shown to be able to access this transformation by using her Soul Blade throughout her entire body, giving her an appearance similar to that of a fox. Her hair becomes a lighter color with a pair of fox-like ears at the top and gains a large, bushy tail. Both her legs become darkened and gain light-colored Ether markings, while her arms are covered in more intricate patterned Ether Gear markings. Her outfit changes into that of a fur-collared, decorative light-colored kimono with a pair of fur-collared sleeves with dark-colored shades and ether markings, matching those on her legs, and are shaped like flame clouds, and held by a dark-colored obi tied by a pair of strings with a sakura flower on it. While in Overdrive, her Ether swords change into oriental longswords that are powerful enough to create massive explosions at once.
Master Swordsmanship Specialist: Described as a type of knight or samurai, Homura is a powerful swordswoman who uses swordplay in conjunction with her Ether Gear. She can easily bisect a heat-seeking missile and defeat a large group of armed soldiers by herself with only her sword and the speed of her attacks. While in Digitalis, Homura demonstrated the ability to use her sword to easily deflect a high-speed bullet back towards Amira.
Enhanced Reflexes: Homura is shown to have incredibly fast reflexes, making her capable of easily dodging opponents and flying bullets with ease.
Enhanced Speed: Homura possesses a high degree of speed and agility, enabling her to attack at high speeds. When using Ether Gear, her speed is further increased.
Riding Skills: Homura has shown the ability to ride a "horse" such as the Turn-to-Timonium.
Aquatic Adaptation Lacrima (水中適合の星水晶 Suichū Tekigō no Rakurima?): During her stay on Red Cave, Homura wore one of these devices which allowed her to breathe and communicate underwater without any issues.